Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Tarpon Basin to wait out weather


Many of the boats that were anchored at Islamorada have now moved north to Tarpon Basin to wait out another cold front that is going to come through over the next couple of days. Everyone thought last year was on the cool side........well, we are once again seeing plenty of cold weather with fronts coming through, one after another. The basin is fairly small and everyone can find some good shelter from any high winds that will blow through.

It was a really nice day yesterday for the motor-sail up here. When we dropped the hook I finally decided to go for the first swim of the year.....YES, the 1st time and it was with a wet suit!! Lets just say I did my bottom cleaning and got back on board to let the sun warm me up.

We did get a nice sunset and maybe I got a good enough shot of Kismet for a Christmas card...

No comments: