Saturday, December 20, 2008

Elliott Key to Key Largo



We decided to spend two nights in Elliott Key since it was so pretty and quiet.  We saw a Spotted Eagle Ray and our first Hammerhead shark.  Also we visited our first pirates last night, Irwin and Dottie.  They anchored next to us and invited us over for happy hour.
Cruising rule #1.....watch out for trimaran pirates......we had a ton of laughs listening to their stories as they have been all over the Caribbean for the past 15 years.  They were only heading north to Miami because they needed another case of rum!

Tonight is dinner at Alabama Jacks.  It's on Barnes Sound and we're anchored 100 yards in front of the open air deck.

2 comments:

Jon and Arline Libby said...

Hi Snowbirds...Thank you for keeping me up on where you are. I look every morning so as to maybe brighten up my day. Weather here is as usual "snow". I were looking close at the photo of Grey Hound and to the right on land I see something that looks like a power plant? If it is I think Mark might have worked there....just a guess. The Hammerhead sounds exciting. Keep the photos and blog going or I might loose it. Have a great time and maybe we will see you sooner than later. Hows the depth there? Arline

Grey Hound said...

we got a text photo from Tom K yesterday and have seen the snow.....you guys up north can keep it!